At Lion Brewery Co, we aim to brew exceptional beer for the world — literally. We have big dreams and goals as a company, and these include a healthy planet.
Lion Brewery Co Leads the Way Towards Carbon Negative Beer
Since March 2021, we are planting a tree for every Lion Brewery Co keg bought in Singapore to offset the carbon emissions produced in our supply chain. This means that every pint of Lion Brewery Co beer that you drink in your favourite bars and restaurants in Singapore is be carbon negative.
This is possible through our partnership with Greensteps Group, who are focused on reforestation efforts globally using geo-tagging, traceable technology, with a particular focus on rewilding Southeast Asia. Currently, we are working with them to plant indigenous trees in the Borneo and Sumatran rainforests, and we promise to keep you updated on our progress.
What’s more, you can be involved too. Lion lovers can now sponsor their very own tree from our website for just $4 (we’ll cover the rest), by adding a tree to any order at checkout. You will be sent a certificate as well as a unique URL so that you can keep track of your individual tree – they’re all geo-tagged so you can see its exact location, the species and who planted it. You can even name your tree!
You can buy these trees for yourself, gift them to others, and build your own forest just like we are doing, in our shared commitment to offset carbon and do our bit to ensure the earth remains livable for future generations.
Our ingredients & processes
We’ve put a lot of time and effort into researching the very finest ingredients and brewing methods, which are not only tastier, but better for both you and the environment.
- Barley: Swaen, GM-free from Belgium.
- Hops: Citra, from USA; Simcoe, from USA; Hallertau Blanc, from Germany.
- Water: Natural, non-chemically treated water, triple filtered (through gravel, sand and charcoal) and UV treated.
- Non pasteurisation: Our beers are unpasteurised to preserve the flavor, and all those healthy yeasts and enzymes. The water and energy this saves is a bonus.
- Paper Labels (SG): We made the switch from plastic labels to paper a long time ago, in order to reduce our plastic footprint; the labels may come off if they get wet, but frankly neither we nor the environment care much about that issue of aesthetics!
- Plant-based Labels (UK): Our labels in the UK are made entirely of plant-based material instead of plastic.
Crafting a culture of sustainability
We are passionate about the great outdoors, and supporting the future of our planet. We take care to use our resources wisely, embed environmental values in our employee training, and dedicate both time and resources to supporting causes that we believe in. Some of these are listed below:
- Seven Clean Seas, a beach clean up social enterprise.
- Revolv, promoter of reusable cups and containers.
- Avani, replacing plastic with solutions made from renewables.
- World Wildlife Fund (WWF), global leader in conservation and protection of endangered species.
- The Dorsal Effect, providing alternative employment and income sources to shark fishermen in the region.
We are not perfect, but are always striving to be better.
If you have a solution or think you know another way we can become more sustainable, we would love to hear from you.