At Lion Brewery Co, we aim to brew exceptional beer for the world — literally. We have big dreams and goals as a company, and these include a healthy planet.
Our ingredients & processes
We’ve put a lot of time and effort into researching the very finest ingredients and brewing methods, which are not only tastier, but better for both you and the environment.
- Barley: Swaen, GM-free from Belgium.
- Hops: Citra, from USA; Simcoe, from USA; Hallertau Blanc, from Germany.
- Water: natural, non-chemically treated water, triple filtered (through gravel, sand and charcoal) and UV treated.
- Non pasteurisation: our beers are unpasteurised to preserve the flavor, and all those healthy yeasts and enzymes. The water and energy this saves is a bonus.
- Compostable labels: derived from sustainable resources, our labels are plastic-free and fully compostable.
Crafting a culture of sustainability
We are passionate about the great outdoors, and supporting the future of our planet. We take care to use our resources wisely, embed environmental values in our employee training, and dedicate both time and resources to supporting causes that we believe in. Some of these are listed below:
- Seven Clean Seas, beach clean up community.
- Revolv, promoter of reusable cups and containers.
- Avani, replacing plastic with solutions made from renewables.
- World Wildlife Fund (WWF), global leader in conservation and protection of endangered species.
- The Dorsal Effect, providing alternative employment and income sources to shark fishermen in the region.
We are not perfect, but are always striving to be better.
If you have a solution or think you know another way we can become more sustainable, we would love to hear from you.